Friday 4 January 2013

not sewing, shopping

I'm not feeling very adult about not being able to sew for so long. Though I'm starting to have energy now I'm on holiday, and have slept all the regular and irregular sleeping times. So I need to get some small amounts of sewing done *before* I go back to work next Thursday. I'm hoping to get the skirts done for my hobbit, and maybe the chemise blouse cut out.

Anyways, it's true that as a consolation for not sewing I've trawled museum galleries for eyecandy to pinterest - so much so that I've used 80% of my interwebs data allowance in 66% of the month, so I'm not going to be doing that for the next 10 days.

I also bought fabric, which isn't supposed to be happening, but I did get this linsey-woolsey which is supposed to be a dark navy but looks more charcoal to me - which is just as useful to me thankfully.  I got 5 yards, which I'm hoping is enough  for something regency or georgian.

The sample wool challis arrived and I don't know if it's the comparison or the purple in it but it looks more navy/purple to me. It's very lightweight & floaty, so I'm seriously considering this for the seabathing dress - even though it's not purple/pink & green. Though I should order a sample of the cotton that I like - even lightweight wool can be overheating in Sydney.

The sample stripe is a 70:30 wool/cotton. I could justify a skirt length for work, the stripe is about a 5/8th inch repeat but I'll not order it now.

Yesterday I also bought a vintage pattern copy from the UK, a 1930s Marion Martin:

No comments:

Post a Comment