Wednesday 8 May 2013

Simplicity had a female hobbit costume pattern?

How did I miss this??

That's easy to answer cos I haven't really looked at the pattern books for a few years, when previously I was onto them like fresh crack as soon as each seasons was in the fabric shops.

Now it's a good-enough basic pattern, though a dress rather than a shift, skirt & bodice.  I'm not going to use it, but if I did want it it's reasonably priced on eBay even with postage from the states.



Rewatching the Hobbit movie last week, I did spot at least one woman in the village, though she seemed to be wearing a different fitted sleeveless bodice. More like this pattern (I keep wanting to call them jumps even though they're not?)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, who would have thought it, but of course they do, they have a pattern for everything!

    ReplyDelete