Sunday 2 June 2013

an japanese movie costume for August

Some long term planning here, well August this year.  I'm going to SMASH, and I need to upgrade my Ma Dola (from the movie Laputa).  It's now hugely big for me, which is a good place to be unless you want to wear it.  I'm going to make her skirt version as I overheated in the britches.








Though I'm not sure if overheating was cos I used a stretch woven as that was the stashed fabric in the right colour. Which isn't that of these screencaps. The standing one is darker as it's night-time, and the one below is just wrong. 


I need to watch the film again to check her skirt length. I may make a corded petticoat if it's a shorter skirt.

2 comments:

  1. Now I can see why you love to make costumes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much fun. I enjoy the research and making as much as wearing them. I often pick crazy characters, or grumpy ones ... they're fun :D

      Delete