Thursday 12 December 2013

femme Dr: completed blouse/chemise & almost done skirt

I haven't tried it on since it's been completed ... as I'm a little afraid I'll spill something on it. Not quite completely irrational but mostly! I created a fake button band with a tube of fabric sewn into the neckline at CF, complete with functional button holes, with the buttons sewn to the CF & facing.  I then stitched the left hand side & bottom edge down to the bodice+neck facing.


And the sleeve cuffs are stitched to the under arm seam so they'll be neatly placed when it's on. The only problem I had with the blouse I made from this pattern all those years ago was that the cuff rotated around the sleeve.

The skirt is hemmed, and I'm about to pin the waistband on.  I quickly stitched a zip into the side seam even though that's historically inaccurate, I just want simple for a costume that isn't even screen accurate.  Plus I tell myself it's steampunk (just maybe they have nylon zippers in the alternate history).  The Doctor I'm doing a femme version of, doesn't have striped trews, but this was my only suitable stash fabric ... and I could only do this costume if all but the corset brocade came from stash.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment