Wednesday 4 December 2013

motivation slump, micro progress

I'm struggling to motivate myself to sew - this usually isn't a problem. I'm not sure what a solution is but I'm doing something every day. Today it was pinning all the petticoat pieces together, bar the side seams as they'll be joined after the rows of ruffles go onto the back.

Note for my memory, I'm using a short version D from Hunnisett's pattern sheet no 27, in Period Costume for Stage & screen 1800-1909.

I also pulled out the corset pattern pieces, well there was 1 piece missing when I packed my sewing explosion up in Brissie, but I have the mock up and can take a pattern of that piece.  I need to add height to the side front, thanks to the acreage.  I'm going to have to get a busk & grommets at Metro on Saturday morning - and some steels. I'll take my mock up with me so I can get the right length.

Its hard to get an impression of it from the mockup laid flat on the floor, but it's a good shape. It's the 1890-1910 corset on page 71 of Jill Salen's Corsets. The black with gold flossing.

No comments:

Post a Comment