Thursday 22 May 2014

another Decades of Style #3004 cut from stash

Last night I cut out Decades of Style #3004 in a khaki wool twill, and I was able to raid the stash for matching thread and a good enough zip.  I'm not sure that I could get a better zip in-store so why try. I even have a button that works.  It's a boring colour that's suitably useful in that it won't clash with a lot of colours I wear, though I'm using the not-twill side of the fabric as I prefer the colour.

I was also going to cut out the Butterick retro skirt, however I hadn't yet made the alterations I need to (take out 1" between waist & hip) and I really think I have enough to sew already.

I've got to get everything together for a sewing weekend and no doubt will pack too many projects.  I've got the UFO brown wool skirt, 2x cut out shirts, 1 cut out fitted T and this skirt. Oh, and another UFO blouse in a paisley that I suspect won't be the best colours but it's half made and I love the pattern that I drafted so lets get that sucker into my working wardrobe.

This would almost clear my non-costume UFO list - and boost my options to wear to work. I'm also packing the regency saque hat just in case I'm inspired to hand sew a little. Erm and I'm taking my navy-green twill to cut out a corset.

I realise that I've got more than I can realistically sew in 2 evenings and 2 full days, but I also figure that if I get stuck on something I can put it aside and sew the next thing.  With everything cut out - other than the corset - it's easier to get stuck in and feel productive.  I also don't want to be sewing the same thing over & over.

Non costume UFOs
- replacement cotton sheers for my main room - cut out
- paisley self drafted pattern - 50% sewn
- 2 work shirts cut out
- aqua knit top - cut out
- Go Petunia's T - cut out
- brown wool Burda WOF skirt, partly sewn

Historical UFOs
- pink white stripe regency saque hat, half sewn
- blue (with tiny black diamond) open robe, half sewn
- regency stays: mantua maker pattern cut out for a friend
- regency stays: Missouri Historical Society, cut out
- striped pocket hoops, 80% sewn
- 1850s ruffled petticoat, needs levelling & waistband. therefore needs cage crinoline.
- cage crinoline, bag & vertical straps sewn, needs steels & waistband
- stripe lobster tail cage bustle, sewn, needs canes/steels inserted & waistband
- red bustle dress, part cut out
- 1917 austerity corset, toile cut out

Pop Culture UFOs
- Idris - skirt cut out

No comments:

Post a Comment