Monday 14 July 2014

progress on crochet blanket - 70% complete

70% of the squares that is, I'll still need to crochet them all together, and do an outside border. Thankfully I'm darning in all the ends as I go as the thought of doing that a the end gives me the shudders - 720 of them is enough for me to avoid the task.

I still need the darkest colour to join them, and sadly Bendigo Woollen Mills don't have a darker purple. They do a plum, but not one that appeals to me for this blanket. I could get a darker green but until I see enough of the wool together I can't pick, and the swatch card sample is too small and an entire ball of 200g is too wasteful if it's not the right colour. I've already done that so am giving away that too-yellow-and-not-dark-enough green wool.

I might have to go to a brick & mortar store to find something suitable. The alternate is to wait until the first weekend in October when I can visit BWM as I'll be in Bendigo for an exhibition at the Art Gallery.

I don't want to lose my motivation though, so it looks like a visit to a larger spotlight or Morris & Sons is likely to happen in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment