Saturday 12 July 2014

the phrase "robot nightie" doesn't mean what it sounds like

I've been working on my robot nightie ... but saying that makes me feel like I must be making a nightie for a robot, not from a robot print fabric.

Anywho, here's the the external neck facing:

Part of me wishes that I'd thought through the placement on the fabric even though a small amount of fabric would have been wasted (or the sleeves that bit longer), as the facing covers the top of the robot's face.

The sleeves are assembled and pinned in ready to stitch tomorrow along with the side seams and the flat fell seam that this makes. Then the hem and it's done.

So a bit more than 1 week from purchase to completion but I'm more than happy with that. At least I'll have used it this winter

No comments:

Post a Comment