Monday 12 January 2015

Figured out why I'm demotivated

It's not a problem you'd think I'd have, living here in Australia. It's summer and I have the winter glums aka SAD. (https://theconversation.com/seasonal-affective-disorder-why-you-feel-under-the-weather-937)

It's been another ridiculously grey summer with some weeks being 6 days grey sky (with or without rain) and 1 day sunshine, and this is yet another one. We had 10 grey days in a row in December. So very wrong in our SUMMER!!! I've been so demotivated and unproductive cos I'm not feeling it. A few days sunshine and I perk up and then we get hit with another seven days of solid cloud cover.

So, I'm going to look into getting a lightbox, or full spectrum lightbulb to put on my desk at work. I'm hoping it helps to perk me up again.

And please, no comments about dams and gardens and farmers needing rain. I've past that point of them being any form of consolation. It worked in December, not so much January. Also grey overcast days with no rain isn't filling dams and gardens. When it comes time to harvest, farmers need no rain.

One reason I stayed in Sydney was the amount of sunshine hours, but this and the previous 2 summers have been severely lacking in sunshine hours.

4 comments:

  1. Hey - I am one of the - Jeeze - can this heat STOP! Bring on the cloud cover and rain. I guess I am winning so far. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not asking for heat - blue skies doesn't automatically equal HOT. And lets be honest what we're mostly having at the moment is humidity so it doesn't feel cool on a grey day

      Delete
  2. Grey skies can definitely dampen the mood. Even though it is bitterly cold (it was -17C last week) during Michigan winters, the sun does shine occasionally. I certainly hope you are able to get some sun soon and are able to get back to sewing. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've had a few sunny days and feel so much happier. Though I was away for the weekend (interstate) so it hasn't yet translated to action! Back in Sydney and back with leaden sky :(

      Delete