Tuesday 22 November 2016

Slowly unpacking (first the stash)

I definitely felt more swamped with boxes from the stuff in storage, than I did with the initial move of the home stuff. I was equally exhausted from this last pack of things + clean up of the old space. I also realised that I'm back under the line of iron depleted and will hopefully be getting an iron fix in the next 3-4 weeks.

There's a massive cull to be done as I unpack, and I can't get into my built in cupboards/wardrobe as there are boxes of 'stuff' in front.  I decided that it would be smarter to unpack the fabric first because (1) the cupboards are in place, (2) they will take up the same amount of space empty as full but the boxes with fabric won't.

I've got 3.5 cupboards full of fabric and there are more boxes. The 5th non-matching single door cupboard that I had used as a linen cupboard is now going to have fabric also if it needs to. Then I can move the pattern/costume sets of drawers into place and unpack the teachest of patterns, and the suitcase+ of costumes.  I've got misc sewing stuff to sort through too.

I ripped a hole in one of my linen skirts, and the other is getting a bit too snagged, so I'm going to have to make a couple new skirts fairly quickly once I can access the machines etc. Currently there are boxes & the pattern drawers between me & them.

It'll all work out soon, I just have to keep plodding.

No comments:

Post a Comment